- 350g porridge oats
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- zest of 1 clementine
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 50g cashew nuts
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 50ml rapeseed oil
- 150g runny honey
- 75g raisins
- 75g dried cranberries
We love granola in our house. We try to make a big batch each week and eat it in a whole manner of ways: with yoghurt and berries for breakfast, a nibble with a cup of tea, sprinkled on top of ice-cream for pudding. It’s always jam packed with nuts, seeds and dried fruit, and this recipe is no exception. The combination of orange zest, cranberries and cinnamon makes every mouthful a festive treat.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the porridge oats with the cinnamon, zest of a clementine and the chopped nuts and seeds.
- Add the rapeseed oil and runny honey to the dry oaty mixture and give everything a good mix.
- Spread the granola mixture in an even layer on the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Give it a good mix a couple of times while baking and remove from the oven when it turns a lovely golden colour.
- Leave it to cool completely before mixing in the raisins and dried cranberries.
- Transfer the granola to sterilised jars or cellophane bags and tie with string or ribbon.