The perfect way to use up a glut of chocolate and entertain your little ones during the Easter holidays.
- 175g unsalted butter
- 200g milk chocolate broken into pieces
- 150g light brown sugar
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 20cm baking tin.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over simmering water or in the microwave. If using the microwave, heat the mixture in short bursts until it has all melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until thick and creamy.
- Gently stir the slightly cooled chocolate mixture into the sugar and egg mixture.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa and salt and gently fold until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20- 25 minutes until a thin crust has formed around the edges but the middle is still a little wobbly.
- It will be tempting to dive straight in but let the brownie cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes – then get stuck in!
- These brownies are incredible topped with a scoop or two of ice-cream and a sprinkle of crushed mini eggs, crunchie or flakes. The perfect Easter pud!
You really can use any combination of chocolate in this recipe – we used a mixture of dairy milk, twirls and crunchies this time. You can also add mini chocolates into the batter before baking – munchies, mini eggs or mini cream eggs all work well!