- Half of one small sized pumpkin, seeds removed & skin left on. We’ve used the Amoro variety for this recipe. Crown Prince would also work well.
- Three or four medium sized courgettes.
- 2 tbsp full fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp tahini
- 2 tsp runny honey
- One handful of pumpkin seeds and calendula petals (optional)
Using the first of the pumpkins and the last of the courgettes, this warm salad signals the seasons are changing as summer vanishes and autumn emerges. Ideal as a dish on its own served with bread, or it also makes for a delicious side dish.
- Begin by preheating the oven to 180C
- Chop the pumpkin into similar sized wedges and evenly spread them over a roasting tin. Use two if needed. Drizzle olive oil over the top and roast for 35 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Slice the courgettes into discs and fry in a little olive oil for approximately 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile make the dressing. Whisk together the yoghurt, tahini and honey.
- Place the pumpkin and the courgette on a warm plate and spoon the dressing over the roasted vegetables – use as little or as much of the dressing as you fancy. Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and calendula petals if using. Serve and eat while warm.