- 250g dark chocolate
- 90ml boiling water
- 200g full fat cream cheese
- 4 tsp good quality marmalade
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Zest of 1 clementine
In my humble opinion chocolate and orange is one of the best flavour combinations you can get. These citrusy chocolate morsels are a treat at any time of year but particularly good at Christmas time.
Wrap up in a cellophane bag with a big sparkly bow. So easy to make, these chocolate orange truffles make such a lovely gift.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of water and then stir in the boiling water until you have a thick glossy mixture.
- Add in the cream cheese, marmalade, ground cloves and the zest of the clementine.
- Combine all the ingredients together, making sure that the cream cheese is fully folded in.
- Cover and pop into the fridge for a few hours.
- Using a spoon, scoop out small amounts of the mixture and roll in your hands to make truffle sized balls.
- Finish by rolling the balls in cocoa powder and leave to set in the fridge over night.
- Place them in a cellophane bag or gift box and tie them up with a big sparkly bow.